# Frequently Asked Questions
You're planning to visit Langkawi but haven't yet decide which resort to stay? You're wondering which resort has the best beach? You'll be arriving in Langkawi soon but a little unsure whether to hire a car from the airport or sort it out from the resort? You want to know about cheap but good eateries within walking distance from your Langkawi hotel? Possibly, you want to know everything about the Langkawi hotel you're staying before you arrive - the facilities, the pools, the nearest restaurants, the comfort, the activities, the attractions nearby and the list goes on.....
We received so many questions from visitors but it's not possible to answer them all immediately. To sort this out, we're happy to provide you with this Langkawi F.A.Q. It consists of some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about Langkawi (resorts, weather etc), that hopefully will help to ease some of your uncertainties. For other information on Langkawi, you're welcome to browse through this Website.
Frequently Asked Questions on Mutiara Burau Bay Resort
- What's so special about Mutiara Burau Bay Resort?
Mutiara Burau Bay Resort is located on north west of Langkawi along the beautiful sandy beaches of Burau Bay near Pantai Kok. This Langkawi hotel is located just beside Berjaya Beach Resort and very near to the cable car, Oriental Village and Perdana Quay Marina. This resort has a very private, clean and beautiful beach. Mutiara Burau Bay Resort is the best choice for honeymooners and family too. If you're coming with your family, try to get the family cabana located just by the beach. The nearer the cabana to the beach, the better sea view that you'll get.
For fun beach activity, you may want to try horse riding along Pantai Kok, provided by this Langkawi hotel. Other recreational facilities available are swimming pool, tennis courts, fishing trips, jungle tracking, water sports, bicycle rental and so much more. It's also easy to rent a car from the resort to have a tour around the island.
- Which is the best resort to stay, Berjaya Beach Resort or Mutiara Burau Bay Resort?
Berjaya Beach Resort and Mutiara Burau Bay Resort both have a nice beach front. Mutiara Burau Bay definitely better than Berjaya as the scale of the resort is smaller and you can visit any location in the resort within 5 mins. Mutiara also serves better food and provides great services.
- We're staying for our honeymoon at Mutiara Burau Bay Resort. Where should we go for a romantic dinner at the beach?
For a romantic dinner under a canopy of stars by the sound of lapping ocean waves, you can try The Light House. It's located on the beautiful beach of Pantai Tengah.
- We have looked at so many hotels but we can't make a decision on one. We definitely want a resort away from the crowds and the nightlife. We just want to be on a fantastic beach resort with some nice restaurants nearby. Commercial resort type places definitely a no! What's your suggestion?
The best place for you is Mutiara Burau Bay Resort! It has fantastic beach front - really private and clean. This resort serves very delicious food but if you don't fancy eating at the hotel, you can always go to Oriental Village or Harbour Park to find something to satisfy your taste buds.
- We don't know which one to decide, Tanjung Sanctuary or Mutiara Burau Bay Resort? Please help...
Mutiara Burau Bay is the best choice! This resort has a very nice beach, good food, facilities and services.
- How long does it take by car from Mutiara Burau Bay Resort to Tanjung Rhu and to Jetty Kuah?
It will take you about 30 minutes to drive from Mutiara Burau Bay Resort to Tanjung Rhu or the Jetty Kuah.
Frequently Asked Questions on Weather
- We're concern about the weather in January - February. Does it typically rain in the mornings/afternoons/evenings? How long does it rain?
- How is the weather in March?
- What's the weather like in April - May? Would it rain during the evening/ night? How often?
- I planned a trip to Langkawi in mid-June. What will the weather be like in June? Is it monsoon season? Will it rain heavy everyday?
- What would the weather be like in mid-end July?
- I'm travelling to Langkawi in August and wonder what the weather is like.
- What type of weather to expect in September? We heard that September is the rainy season so will it be really wet?
- Could you give us any advises on the weather in October?
- I'm planning to visit Langkawi in November. Will that be okay with the weather?
- What kind of weather can we expect at the end of December?
The answer to all the above questions on Langkawi weather.
Firstly, there will be no heavy rain all day, no terrible thunderstorms or any sort of torrential rain storms. Weather on this island is quite hard to predict. Sometime you could see sun shining during the rainy season and sometimes it rains during the sunny season. So, you don't have to worry about the weather at all as our rain is not like other country that will keep on raining for days, weeks or months. It comes and goes in just a few hours.
You'll love the rain in Langkawi. It is warm and spine-tingling. The rain can be pouring down from no where for 30 mins - 1 hr. Then the sun will start shining again. If you get lucky, you can even see the sun still shining during the rain. Do you know that walking in the rain in Langkawi is like taking a lovely warm shower?
Frequently Asked Questions on Honeymoon
- I am planning to go for honeymoon in Langkawi and looking for an all inclusive package. Are there any 5 Star hotels that you could recommend in Langkawi?
We highly recommend Tanjung Rhu Beach Resort or The Datai - the best beach resorts for honeymooners!
- I am planning a trip to Langkawi for my honeymoon in the middle of next year. I can't decide between The Datai or Tanjung Rhu. Please help?
The best choice is of course Tanjung Rhu Beach Resort, especially if you want to drive around the island. Actually, both resorts are the best for honeymooners - they have the same standard in terms of beach, accommodation and resort facilities. However, the Datai is located at the far end of Langkawi and it's not easy to drive as the road is quite narrow and curvy.
- I'm planning for my honeymoon in Langkawi. I was thinking of going to either Pelangi Beach Resort (sea front or lakeview room) or Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort (sea front jacuzzi room). Any suggestion?
If you want to have a really wonderful and memorable honeymoon, and if you do not concern about price, we suggest Tanjung Rhu Beach Resort or The Datai as these 2 resorts are among the best on Langkawi. However, if you still want to choose between Pelangi and Sheraton, we would suggest staying in Sheraton's sea front jacuzzi room.
- We are planning on spending our honeymoon in Langkawi and are thinking of taking the all-inclusive package at the Tanjung Rhu. What do you think?
Excellent choice! Tanjung Rhu is one of the best beach resort in Langkawi - the beach, room, facilities, outlets, beach and service provided are superb.
- We're going to Langkawi for our honeymoon but we're not sure where to stay. Our budget is less than RM100 per night and we would love to stay near the beach. Can you suggest any good chalet that is not so expensive?
If you like to be on the beach, you can try Sunset Beach Resort or Langkapuri which are all below RM 100.00 per night.
- I would like to know whether Langkasuka Resort is suitable for honeymoon? We're planning to spend our honeymoon there as we have a quite tight budget.
Yes, Langkasuka Resort is suitable for your honeymoon - the hotel has a beach front and the food & services are excellent. But, please don't expect high class services for such a low rates.
Frequently Asked Questions on Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort
- We are visiting Langkawi in a group of 7 adults, and we'll be staying at Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resorts. What is the most economic way for us all to travel to eating places during the evenings?
Easy! Your friends & you can walk within 5 minutes down the road to the Oriental Village .There, you'll find some very good restaurants. Other alternative is to call a taxi van which can fit in all of you, and go to the tourist hotspot, Pantai Cenang where lots of restaurants are located.
- Which hotel would you recommend, Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort or Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort?
We would recommend Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort as the services provided are better than Berjaya Langkawi. Eventhough Berjaya Langkawi has a lovely beach front but you'll find it very inconvenient to wait for transfer everytime you want to go to the resort's pool or restaurant, unless you stay in the most expensive rooms which are near the facilities.
- Is there any waterfall near Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort?
Yes! There is a waterfall near Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort and it's the best waterfall in Langkawi known as The Seven Wells.
- Any suggestion on good restaurants in the Oriental Village? How far is it from Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort?
There are a lot of good restaurants in the Oriental Village - there are Malay, Chinese, Thai and Japanese fo you to choose. The Oriental Village is only 500 meters from Berjaya.
- How much is a taxi from Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort to Pantai Cenang?
The taxi fare from Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resorts to Pantai Cenang is around RM 18.00 per way.
- What is the best way to go to Kuah from Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort and how long will it take?
The best way to travel to Kuah is with the taxi and it takes only 30 minutes to get there.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pelangi Beach Resort
- What is the best way to get to Pelangi Beach Resort from the airport?
The fastest way is to take a taxi. You can find plenty waiting outside the arrival hall.
- How much is the taxi fare from Pelangi Beach Resort to Kuah and how long to get there?
Taking a taxi from Pelangi to Kuah will cost you about RM 16.00 per way per taxi and it will takes around 30 minutes.
- Is there any horse riding stable around Pelangi Beach Resort area whereby my family can go horse riding on the beach?
Yes, there is a horse riding centre next to Pelangi Beach Resort. Just look the opposite of the Orkid Ria restaurant.
- We would prefer to be in hotel where we there are lots of restaurants nearby. Any suggestion?
Go for Pelangi Beach Resort! It is located on the tourist hotspot where you can find many good restaurants with nice food, just within walking distance from Pelangi.
- We're planning to stay at Pelangi Beach Resort but since it's located on the tourist hotspot, wouldn't the beach there get very crowded?
It may get crowded but remember, Langkawi has lots of lovely beaches. You still can stay at Pelangi, enjoy the many good eateries and have fun on the beaches. Why not rent a car or a bike and explore the rest of Langkawi beaches? It's easy to find one that your like and bask under the sun or have a great picnic.
Furl Google Simpy Spurl Technorati Y! MyWeb